Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Love Logic.

I was watching the notebook yesterday. First, let me say this: DON'T JUDGE ME. Second of all, let me say that it's actually an awesome movie that got me thinking. There was one part of the movie that really got me thinking. Allie's parents were doing anything that they could to keep them apart; telling them to break it off, calling him trash, and eventually hiding letters from her. Allie claims that she knows it's right, saying that her own parents do not do the same things that she and Noah did; the way they touched or played with each other were not like her parents.
I thought about this statement since last night, and have come up with one simple conclusion: with love there is no logic. We simply, can not control who we love. It's as natural as breathing, we do it unconsciously.
In my critical thinking class, we are learning about, well thinking. (I don't get it either.) There is only one area in life where critical thinking leaves us astray. And that, my friends, is in the areas of love. Love simply has no logic.
In one final note, I do have one simple question. Why do people try to tear starcrossed lovers, who are clearly right for each other apart? Is it because of jealousy? Is it because they are unhappy and want to spread it like peanut butter? Maybe they think that it's what was best for them, so they only want what they think is best.
Well, in that case, we are the only ones who know what's best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment