Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sober-Party of One.

I've been in college for about a month now, and it's safe to say it's not at all like high school. I mean of course it isn't; the classes are harder and everything is on you, not your parents. But, there is something else that I noticed that is a bit more of an issue then it was for me in high school.
Drinking. Smoking. Clubbing.
For me, it's everywhere. In my classes, as I go to class. I hear students talk about hooking up, and going out, and although I don't judge them, half of the time, I don't even know them, I often  am concerned about them, in addition to the schema of a college student. Like seriously, do people think that the best part of college is partying and wasting their brain cells getting drunk. It makes me uncomfortable, and then I wonder if there something wrong with me, or is it everyone else?
Okay, I'd be a hypocrite in saying that I've never touched alchol. Of course, I have tried it. But, friends looked at my stupidty, and I eventually realized that drinking is a stupid waste of time and energy. It's dangerous to my health, and it clouds your judgement. 
Now, I walk out to class, and it's not common to see someone smoke, or hear a bunch of people talk about what they are doing at the club tonight. I get it, it's life. But is that what a college student is expected to do? Drink? Party? Smoke?
No offense, but I'm there to learn.
I don't drink.
I don't smoke.
I don't party.
I don't hook up.
I guess that makes me a loner. I refuse to date a person who does those types of things, because I don't want to have to worry about whether or not they are sober. I don't like the smell of cigarettes, or weed, or even vodka. I don't want to be with a person like that, for my own sanity, because I don't want to a: be pressured to enter that kind of life (i"m not, so get the fuck over it)  b: have to take care of someone when they have had one too many.
I plan on doing college sober. I plan on getting my degree, and becoming the best fucking college professor that this world has ever seen. Call me a nerd? Fuck, I am one. Call me a prude? Whatever. I have friends, ones that actually don't waste their brain cells on some fucking drinks. So. Call me whatever the fuck you want, I'll be sober, party of one.
Thank you, and goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment