Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Perfectly Imperfect.

I have a Tumblr, and a Twitter account, and to be honest, I'm addicted. However, there are some things that truly bother me on the website. I hate how many girls like to point out their flaws, and how many society pressures both males and females to be perfect, the pressure of perfection coming from society, and from parents, school, and peers.
I'll be the first one to admit it. I'm not perfect. In fact, I'm probably the most imperfect person ever. I can't draw or do math, and I fall a lot, physically and emotionally. Does that make me any less, does that make you any more? I think not.
To all of the girls out there who think that they aren't perfect because they have a big ass or something, that doesn't make you any less. People might point out the imperfections, but the people who do simply don't matter enough to maintain a permant part in your life. The people who say you're fat, or stupid are the people that shouldn't have a role in your life altogether. I realize that this is easier said then done, however it's something that more people should realize: if someone has the power to make you feel bad, it's simply because you gave them that power. Only you have the power to make you feel sad or mad or bad. Remember that.
I also think that these girls should also ban the word "fat" from your vocab. To me, it's such a negative word, and is not really needed. No one is fat, and no one should starve themselves, or go on a diet. Weight is something that I feel that the American is obsessed with, whether they may be obese or anerexic. The average American is obsessed with sizes rather than health status. It's sad but true. It creates unreal standards, that everyone can be a size zero.
Duh. Not everyone is a size zero. If everyone was a size zero, then the world would be boring, and there would be no variety. With no variety, then the world would be like having no ice cream but vanilla. Imagine if that were the case. Then life, and the world around us would be boring.
To all of the girls out there, enjoy your flaws. No one is perfect, and neither should you. You're beautiful just the way you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment