Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Don't Understand Love.

I don't understand love.
I don't understand what people do when their in love.
Is there something wrong with me?
As you can tell, I don't understand love. I don't understand why the feeling exists? Is it something that we simply can not help, because we want to belong to someone, to be a part of something great? I thought I often understood love. But, I don't.
I used to be one of those people who thought that she knew all about love, don't get me wrong. I used to actually think that I was in love. But, I wasn't. I was head over heels in infatuation.
I don't understand how some of my friends act when they are in love. How could they abandon all  of their friends, and suddenly change themselves to become someone else? Did they like get some special mold, and then mold themselves to it? I don't understand how all of a sudden you can change. Eventually you're going to hate living the lie, and want to unlive it.
My name is Natalie and I don't get love, and maybe just maybe I never will. I hope to one day experience it, because it's something that I want to have beside me. A person to love, and to share my life and my accomplishments with. Someone to let me be me, without having to change who I am, and what I want. Someone to say it's alright to be sad, I'll support you. Someone to live a balanced life full of friends, education, and of course the life that we do build together.
I want that kind of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment