Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Power Of Music.

Sometimes we have really bad days. On those days we want to cry, watch a bunch of movies, and eat a lot of things that taste good however they are not good for your actual body. It's the kind of thing you do things to make you feel good.
But then, on the radio we hear a song. A song that sparks us on the inside that causes some kind of strong feeling. Only music can do it. Music makes us feel. Music makes us feel inspired. Music makes us want to get up and want to dance around the room and not care what the world thinks. Music has this weird motivator that makes us want to do things. Music can make us feel like we are able to do anything. It makes us feel not alone.
The power of music is simple. For the past week, I've been feeling kind of down. However, with the help of music, it causes me to feel completely and totally happy. I feel like I'm a part of something that is bigger than myself. I'm in a world where I feel like I belong. Whether I'm listening to music, singing along to it, or listening to it when I'm running, I automatically feel better.
It's plain and simple. Music is powerful.

And for those who may be wondering what I'm listening to lately:

  1. Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke. I think it's overplayed, but I kind of have this song stuck in my head. 
  2. Demi Lovato. I've always liked her, and she's super inspiring. Whenever I listen to Skyscraper I can't help but be inspired to great. 
  3. Lana Del Ray. I just started getting into her when the Great Gatsby came out. (Young and Beautiful is simply beautiful.) I highly reccomend her music, so if you haven't heard her before, go onto some music radio thing such as Spotify, or Pandora and listen to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment