Wednesday, May 21, 2014

#inspirationmovement-Press Delete

Some people that we surround ourselves with sometimes can be toxic, and not good for us. They are the type of people that bring you down, and the type of people that make you question whether or not things are actually okay, when they really are.
Some people just suck, in plain English.
I believe that you have to surround yourself with people that make you happy. That make you feel good about yourself, instead of completely horrible about you're actions. I think that it sucks that some people just take out their negativity out on you, when you have nothing to do with it.
What I've been doing lately is putting limits on people who do make me feel good. I believe that you are who you surround yourself with, and I couldn't agree more. Therefore, when you surround yourself with people that make you feel good about yourself, then you do.
I am blessed to say that I hang out with some of the coolest people ever. Some of my closest friends include Elisia, Emma, Gabriel, and a few other ones I met in high school. I try to hang out with people who bring me up instead of down. If a person makes me feel uncomfortable, then I do in fact have the right to say 'I'm uncomfortable hanging out with this person, I don't want to be around them anymore.' And then, I limit the time that I spend with them. I have the power to do that, and no, I'm not a horrible person for feeling this way. I'm done with hanging out with people who make me feel bad about my ways, and I'm done with people who want me to be the version of me that they want me to be. I'm tired of being around people who make me feel negatively, or are just negative in general. I have that power to press delete, and so do you.
We often don't realize that we have to power to get rid of toxic relationships that we have. Whether they are platonic, or just love gone bad, we do in fact have the power to tell people to go away if we don't want them in our lives anymore. I rarely get upset about my relationships now, because the people that I hang out with make me feel good about myself, versus bad.
I feel like that's something that we all can take. Pressing delete can actually be a good thing. 

4 comments:

  1. This is so true. I definitely believe quality over quantity when it comes to relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I think it's important to have a few super awesome friends, rather than a bunch of crappy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great post. Some people and relationships are just toxic. While we can't always separate ourselves from all toxic relationships, it's important to recognize when to step back. I've had to learn this one for myself a few times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's a tough lesson to learn but once you learn it you realize that you are important and its okay to put you first. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete