Thursday, June 5, 2014

Dream Guys?

Sometimes, we truly think we know what's best for us. We find someone whose completely perfect for us in every single way known demand. They have the credentials, and they are just perfect for what they want to be. It's like the universe is finally on your side, and you've found the one. You know that crazy notion that someone's actually fit to be your soulmate.
Well, life doesn't always work out like that. Life works out in ways that we can't imagine. We fall for people that we didn't think that we could fall for. We end up with people who we thought we couldn't fathom of even talking to. Love happens, and falling out of love happens. Things fall apart, and things come together. It's crazy, and sometimes we all end up crying.
But wanna know the funny thing?
I believe that everything will truly be okay in the end. I believe that everyone will find someone that will make them happy in life, whether it may be in years or a lifetime. I believe in the kind of love where you wake up every morning to someone who makes you happy, not pancakes. (Although, if you do make me pancakes, I will love you forever.) I want someone that makes me think about the world, and all of my decisions. I want to be able to love someone who loves me, for my faults, and for the things that make me well me. It's cliche, but it's true. I have been in relationships where I was blinded by love, and wanting to be what they wanted me to be, not what I wanted to be. I want to be able to say that my relationship is healthy, and happy. I want honesty, and I want all of that good stuff. I want to be a part of the team-not the queen.
Recently, Emma and I were talking about our dream guys. Honestly, what I just mentioned is my dream guy. Sometimes, I can be perceived as being judgmental,  perhaps even to the point where we would shut ourselves out from all human contact.
But really, I just want someone to R E S P E C T me.

No comments:

Post a Comment