Thursday, December 10, 2015

Things I Love Thursday: iPod Shuffle

I've always enjoyed having an iPod by my side, whether it's to sing along to in the car, to walk to class with a good beat or just to have some good tunes on hand. Sure, I have a phone that has endless amount of room for music. But, there's something about having an iPod separate from your phone so that way you don't have to drain your battery to listen to some music.
My iPod classic that I got back in May, however, had a major accident. It drowned in water after I left the cap of my water bottle loose. Even though rice had saved it for the moment, it began dying a slow death. So, I knew that I wanted to treat myself to a new iPod.
Since I have an iPhone that has more than enough room for music, I knew I was going to opt for a Nano or Shuffle. I was set on getting the nano, because I've had them in the past and I enjoyed having a pedometer to work out with. However, the iPod shuffle seemed cute so I decided to buy that. That, and the fact it had a clip on it made it even more sellable. So, I settled on the gold one.
I got a great deal on it through QVC, when it included some new headphones and a car charger, and four easy payments.
What was in the box. 
 I've had it for a few weeks now, and so far I am enjoying it. I like it that it clips on to me so I don't have to carry an iPod with me. I also like it that I have over 400 songs on me and can listen to them whenever. However, to fit 400 songs onto it, I had to put songs onto a playlist onto it, rather than do it the other way, which is how the iPod is set up to do. I also have Voiceover set up on it, because then if I don't know what song is playing, then it helps me out. However, it also helps out in telling me what playlists I have onto it, since I have a lot of playlists loaded onto it.
The battery life on the iPod is amazing; I only charge it basically whenever I put music on it. Even though, it's worth noting that it still is basically fully charged. The iPod website says it lasts for about 15 hours, and I believe it.
Overall, I'd say that it's a great purchase, and is something that I will be enjoying for years to come. The funny thing about iPods is that they truly last forever.
For those of you who are looking for a great little gift (and I do mean little) check out this little iPod shuffle. I guarantee that you won't be sorry. I am in love with the gold color, however, blue is also a good choice. If you do end up purchasing it, be sure to add on the VoiceOver. It definitely helps, as it doesn't have a screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment