Thursday, May 19, 2016

Society and the Single Girl: The Best Dating Advice I've Ever Received

Dating is the single most confusing thing in the world. There are so many confusions and questions about what to do, what to wear, how to act and additionally, how to know if someone is actually really into you. This can cause anxiety, especially to those who may not have the most experience when it comes to the dating department. (Ahem, myself)
To counter this confusion, I began to seek the advice from friends, my beloved pastor friend who has never steered me wrong whenever I needed advice and my therapist when it came to approaching the dating world. The number one piece of advice, perhaps the best advice I have ever received, is be yourself.
And, today, I am sharing that with you all.
In the dating world, we present ourselves in the most prim and proper format possible. However, we are not meeting the Queen of England, rather we are meeting someone who could possibly be our potential partner. I think that while we should avoid acting like a cave person on a first date, we should just be ourselves, in all our flawed glory. In the confusion of going on a date, we often forget how wonderful we truly are, and that when someone doesn't like who we are, it's not our loss, but their own. And, if they like you for who you truly are? Well, that makes it all the more awesome.
So, for those who are new to the dating world, those returning to it after some time, the best advice I can give you, despite the cliche aspect is to be yourself and (try not to) don't worry about everything that follows.

2 comments:

  1. It’s really an impressive and creative work. I agree to that shadowing would have been great. It is nice anyway.

    ReplyDelete