Friday, October 26, 2012

Do They Really Know What's Best?

They say that mother does know best. I'm sure that line has appeared several times in your life. Probably even used by your own maternal figure. I know my mother uses that line quite faithfully. But my question here, is do they?
A mother is a bunch of things. A mother is a best friend who knows whats best for you. She's often the one to turn to when in crisis, because she's probably been there herself, and has a more worldly experience due to the fact of age.
However, sometimes that phrase doesn't apply. An example of this is basically the matters of the heart. As I mentioned in a previous entry, no one really knows what's best for you but yourself. An example of this happened recently with a friend. Her mother wanted her to break up with her boyfriend, and literally drove her to her boyfriend's house so she can break up with her. Whether her mother had good reasons of doing so, that's her feelings. However, only the girl can only know what's best for her. Only she can know that.
My mother sometimes thinks she knows what's best for me, especially in the romantic department. However, I don't exactly think of my mother as a great source, simply because due to the fact that she's been through a divorce, her perception is different then mine. As much as I love my mother, I hope she realizes that there are certain choices that need to be made by me. I know what's best for me. I love her input, but at the end of the day, I know what's best for me.
Mothers. They do know what's best, for them. But sometimes, the best thing to do is let a butterfly fly to where it's destined to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment