Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012: The Playlist.

2012 was an amazing year of music. Britain has taken over the charts, and artists that haven't come up with new music in nearly a decade at last came together. So, I've compiled a playlist of my favorite songs from the year 2012. Let's go kids.
  • Gotta be you- One Direction. I'm not a huge fan of One Direction, but for some odd reason, I really like this song. It's very ballad, which I thoroughly enjoy. However, this is the ONLY song I actually listen to obessively...for the record.
  • Call Me Maybe; Tiny Little Bows; Good Time (featuring Owl City) by Carly Rae Jepson. I will admit, these songs are my musical guilty pleasures. She's really talented, and of course, I think Call Me Maybe is the anthem of 2012. She's just awesome. Don't hate. 
  • Looking Hot; One More Summer; Push and Shove; Settle Down by No Doubt. I was so excited when their new album came out, after nearly ten years of breaking up, and let me just say this it was amazing. These songs are a few of my favorites from Push and Shove, and are very, very amazing. Ps: they were amazing in their GMA Summer Concert Series Performance.
  • Girl Gone Wild; I Don't Give A..., Give Me All Your Lovin' (featuring Nicki Minaj & MIA); Gang Bang; I'm Addicted; Turn Up The Radio by Madonna. I'm a huge Madonna fan. Needless to say, I love MDNA, despite it's bad critical reviews. I'm not a huge fan of pop music, but I can honestly say that Madonna is one of the best artists out there.You go, Madonna!
  • Girl on Fire (featuring Nicki Minaj) by Alicia Keys. I loved this song ever since I heard it on MTV. Alicia's just talented. That's all. 
  • Country Girl (shake it for me); Drunk on You; Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye by Luke Bryan. Okay, EVERY song in Tailgates and Tanlines is amazing. These however are a few of my favorites from him. Luke's amazing. And cute. That's all. Plus, I also got to see him perform on Good Morning America in the summer and that made me happy.
  • Blown Away; Good Girl; Two Black Cadillacs by Carrie Underwood. Blown Away was amazing. I really think it shows off how talented Carrie is. The message from Good Girl is amazing, that no girl should have to stick with a guy that makes her unhappy nor is not good enough for her.
  • Chasing the Sun; Glad you Came by the Wanted. Catchy. 
  • The Only Way I Know (featuring Luke Bryan & Eric Church) & Take a Ride by Jason Aledean. I really got into country music this year. The Only Way I Know is one of my favorite songs of the year, because a; it has Luke Bryan, and b: it's a good song. 
  • Anything Could Happen; Don't Say A Word; Lights by Ellie Goulding. I love her. Her songs are very original, which I look for in an artist. Anything Could Happen is literally my theme song. 
  • Everybody Talks by Neon Trees. It started with a whisper....
  • Somebody That I Used to Know by Gotye. The video...? Wierd. However, I love this song A LOT. They need to play it on the radio more. Even though it was over played..yeah whatever..it's still good.
  • Skyfall by Adele. I'm not the world's biggest Adele fan, but I really like this song. And the movie. But the song's pretty good too. 
  • The A Team by Ed Sheeran. OKAY WHY DOES ENGLAND HAVE SO MANY AMAZING ARTISTS??? I love this guy. Literally, he's so talented, and it's such good music. How could you not love him? 
  • Your Body by Christina Aguilera. I'm one of the biggest Xtina fans ever. Lotus is one of her best albums ever. She has talent, kids, and I really need to get her CD. 
  • The entire Nashville soundtrack. This show? Amazing. These songs? Even more so. I literally have all of their songs. They are just so good!
  • Give Your Heart A Break by Demi Lovato. Demi's so talented, in addition to inspirational. Her songs are not only really good, they are very inspiring. Unbroken really shows her getting away from her Disney image with really raw and personal tracks. You go, Demi!
So those are my picks for 2012. As you can tell, I have a lot of music. But one can truly never have enough music, and I can't wait to watch my music libary grow bigger as the new year comes in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment