Sunday, May 26, 2013

What I've Learned

This past year has been a whirlwind of extreme academics, and self discovery. One may say that the first year of a college student is the year that changes you the most. And I guess you can say that I can agree.
This past year, I've learned many things. Some things are about life, some are about love, and some are things that would only apply in the classroom.
I've learned that if you want something you should just go for it. Don't think just do. I'm tired of regretting and I know what I want. For example, when I began thinking about how much I love helping people by giving them a person to talk to, I have realized that maybe being just an English major isn't the way for me. Sure, I'm a writer. But, I'm more than just a writer. However, when making the decision, I've had an important obstacle, which is my diagnosis of Vasel Vagol Syncopy, which prevented me from declaring psychology as my major in the first place. (For those of you who don't know what it is, basically it's a medical (not mental) condition that basically causes you to pass out based on a trigger. Mine is talking about and looking at medical stuff) However, when filing the paperwork, and after careful thinking, I realized that if it's the only thing that is holding me back, then maybe I should go for it. I can overcome it, especially since it's preventing me from doing something that I love the most. (sorry writing) I know double majoring is crazy, and won't be easy, but by the end when I walk the stage four years from now with not one, but two degrees, I'll be proving the many people who didn't think I could do well wrong.  I can't wait to begin my work as a pyschologist, even though I have to go through hell to get there. It makes it all more worth it.
I've learned a lot about the friends that I call my own. Sometimes, I'm like and EKG machine (is that what it's called? If not, someone tell me what it's called), my emotions going up and now like the the needle. In the past few years, I've went through the grieving processes, in addition to dealing with life pressures. The friends who have stood by my through it all are the ones that I can say are the friends I'll have for life. Some of them are new, some of them are old. It doesn't matter. They are still good. Friends, well the good ones, are the stars. Thank you guys.
This past year has caused me to change. But, I hope it's in a good way! :) (I also learned that I really enjoy smiley faces! Yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment