Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Reflection-The Light At The End of the Tunnel.

Tomorrow marks the last day of my freshman year of college. I remember wandering around the campus lost and wondering if I'd ever get the chance to make this place my own. I remember wondering will I ever find a place, a rock to call my own.
Now, tomorrow's the last day. I've learned more at this place then I have in the years that I've spent in high school. I've learned who my friends really are. I learned that to want to do something that you have to work for it; there are no grants in life. I've learned to stick up for myself. I've learned how to be hurt, and then I learned how to get over that hurt to make something better for myself.
I found myself. I know my future. I know where I'm going. I no longer wander around lost, I wander with purpose. I know where I'm going, because I know when I get there I'll be at last home. It may not make sense to most people, but it does to me.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been reached. I'll fight my last battle tomorrow, and end up a champion. Then, I'll go home and read a bunch of silly novels in the sun.
I survived freshman year. I can't wait to survive sophomore year.

No comments:

Post a Comment