Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Big Day? Yeah okay.

Okay, it's guilty pleasure time. So, I've been into the shows Four Weddings and Say Yes to the Dress on TLC. I don't know why, let's just blame it on the fact that I'm a girl. Yes, that seems about right. However, after watching all of these shows, I've developed an opinion about the whole wedding thing.
First and foremost, is the point of the wedding to celebrate one's love for someone? Not to wear a gown that reminds me of a cupcake, but because they love the person and want to celebrate it. Not everything has to be perfect because your love isn't perfect. I understand that you want to have the wedding that you dreamed of having since your Barbie days, but relax people. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE A PRINCESS AND YOU WILL NEVER BE, OKAY GET OVER IT. So, stop and chill the fuck out because seriously you need to take a chill pill.
The second thing is this wedding day I believe that is the start of your life together as husband and wife. It's the beginning of a journey that will take you down a road that you would not experience otherwise. This wedding is something that doesn't have to do with napkins and cake, it has to do with love.
I've gotton to thinking. Weddings aren't something that's worth making stress over. Sure, it's an exciting event, but it's no reason to be a complete and utter bitch to people. Of course, we only get one wedding in our lifetimes, but still. It just irks me when brides are like 'it's my day!' No one owns a day bitch. Second of all, don't forget your husband too, because he has some part of it...(and your diamond ring on your left finger...)
When I get married, I don't want all of the fuss. I don't think it's necessary. It's a day that has to be shared and celebrated by two people that are in love, and I want to keep it like that. If it was up to me then  I would go down to city hall wearing a simple white dress and blue heels, and just do it then and there. No fuss, right? The simple things are the best things.

No comments:

Post a Comment