Monday, September 28, 2015

Music Monday: Honeymoon Album Review

 Image result for honeymoon album
Source
It's no secret on this blog I've mentioned my love for Lana Del Rey. In August, I talked about her recent single "High By the Beach" which was the first single off of her new album "Honeymoon." Promotional singles "Honeymoon," "Music to Watch Boys To" and "Terrence Loves You" then followed in the following weeks. "Honeymoon" then arrived on Sept. 18, 2015.
It starts with violins, and the melancholy melody of "Honeymoon", which is a dark ballad that in my opinion is one of the best songs off of the album. For those who liked "Young and Beautiful," will instantly fall in love with the dark melody. Then, it goes into "Music to Watch Boys To," and "Terrence Loves You." The ultra catchy "High by the Beach" is reminiscent of summer, and puts listeners in a "summer state of mind" despite the fact that summer days are behind. Del Rey also covers "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" as the final track for the album.
As a Lana Del Rey fan, I'm in love with the album. Del Rey is extremely talented in her vocal range, and her music is beautiful. I will admit that I haven't listened to the album as much as I would have liked to, but I can already tell that this is going to be one of my favorite releases for 2015. Del Rey is definitely unique compared to other artists on the scene, and this release shows that element off quite nicely. "Honeymoon" is definitely a must-listen. 
Must Listen: Honeymoon, God Knows I've Tried, High by the Beach and Music to Watch Boys To. However, I just recommend you listen to the entire album.

No comments:

Post a Comment