Friday, September 25, 2015

Why Sometimes You Just Gotta Take a Vacation.

 
The pool of where I stayed; I really didn't want to leave.
This past weekend, I went to Florida for a conference. (More about that will come next week--there are a lot of pictures to sort through). When I went, I was so stressed out about everything that I had going on which included school, working three jobs (it was an accident I swear!) and just trying to survive the semester with my sanity semi-intact.
However, when I came back I was totally relaxed. I'm talking so relaxed that I actually had time to get ahead on my homework. Since when does that happen? I think probably in the summer.
Then it occurred to me. Sometimes, we just really need to take a vacation from everything. Whether it's across town or the country, I think everyone in the world needs time to get away from the stresses of life and just chill. I think we sometimes overwhelm ourselves with the responsibilities of being a student and trying to be the best, and sometimes we need sometime away to simply enjoy ourselves. After all, life is too short. Do you really want to spend it stressing out about everything?
But, let me stress. Sometimes, you just don't have the money to put down for a tropical trip to Florida. And that's okay. For some, it's as easy as taking a day trip to the next town over and exploring. The term "vacation" doesn't always have to mean going on an airplane, however if you really want to then go for it.
So, if you're feeling down about something the answer to me is clear. It's a sign that you really need to get away, whether it's for a few hours, days or even a week. Trust me, you'll come back refreshed. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I could definitely use a vacation from life! Lovely post.

    - Micaela
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment! :) I think everyone could!

      Delete