Monday, November 9, 2015

NanoWriMo Update 1


Word Count: (As of 4 pm on Sat. Nov. 6) 11,860
Nano Wri Mo, or National Novel Writing Month, occurs every November. It's the month of extreme writing, and the end goal is to produce one novel spanning 50,000 words. Wow, that's a lot of words! Challenge accepted.
I've done NanoWriMo a few years now, and usually the farthest I've ever gotten was about 20,000. The thought of writing a completed novel usually was a daunting task, and I've never completely finished a novel. Or got to the middle part of it. And throughout the year, when I wrote novels that are not rushed, I would just get bored in the middle and forget about them.
However, this year I've decided to enter. Despite not having much time to do it. I've decided, in the efforts to relax, to use it as a time to just write. My novel is called "Tinderella," and it's about a girl whose forced into the online dating scene. She goes through trials and errors, and in the end, could find a Prince Charming.
 The bottom line is I'll edit later. NanoWriMo has definitely been a huge bit of motivation to write it, along with Nano Word Sprints.  I'm determined to make it to the goal, and I'm already 1/5th of the way there. Actually, I'm passed the 1/5th mark, which makes it even more exciting.
What's even more shocking about it is how much I've been writing. Every day, I've been writing an average of 2,000 words. Why? Because you have to tear me away to get me to stop writing. I'm so immersed in the story, and I literally can't stop writing. Writing my novel has become a place where I can just relax, which is something that I need.
So, here's to another week of intense noveling. I know I can do it.
Are you doing NanoWriMo? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment