Wednesday, September 17, 2014

"I Don't Know About You.."

Music is something that takes us to a different realm. Sometimes, a song is something that takes us to a certain place and time. There's some music and songs that once you hear them, you go back to that certain place in time. The memory is something that can either put a tear in your eye, or a smile on your face.
Here's my songs that bring me back to a certain place.
 
Alessia and I-July 2013
22 by Taylor Swift This song brings me back to last summer with Alessia. We danced to this song at the Fourth of July fireworks in my town and it was amazing. Whenever I hear this song, I am instantly transported to the Fourth of July with Alessia. It also makes me sad because I really miss seeing Alessia.
Super Bass by Nicki Minaj This song reminds me of homecoming 2011, when I was dancing with my friends. I also got really sick that night, and Griffin was really nice to take care of me. Whenever I listen to this song, I often get flashbacks from that night.
Dance With My Father by Celine Dion This song reminds me of my grandfather, because I considered him to be my father figure. If he were alive, than I would be dancing to it with him when I got married.
Some Nights by fun. Whenever I listen to this song, I think about my senior year in high school. It was really popular back then, so it would constantly be on the radio. I loved this song before it was popular, because I liked fun. before they were a big hit.
 
Gabriel and I-August 2014 
I Wanna Get Better by Bleachers This song reminds me of Gabriel and I. Gabriel was the one who introduced me to this band, so naturally I would think of them as I'd listen to them. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea. I have songs that have memories too. Totally going to do this as a post - and will credit you! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete