Friday, September 19, 2014

Keep Calm...

As a college student, it's so easy to not get overwhelmed. I have so much going on in my life. Whether it's preparing for my five classes, writing articles for the paper, or working, I have a lot of things going on. Which without a doubt makes it hard to remain calm when you have a million and one things to do in a given day. But, there are some things that I do to make sure that my sanity does in fact come first. After all, if you don't have your sanity, then what else do you have going for you?
  • Drink calming tea. My grandfather told me about using calming tea to help calm myself down whenever I got nervous. Although I was skeptical at first, I agreed to try it. And, it works. I drank it when I was freaking out about something and by the time I finished my glass I was completely relaxed. I recommend it, even though it doesn't actually taste like anything. It's really good, and if you're stressed out I suggest drinking out. 
  • Make 'you' time. At the end of the day, I often hang out and watch Netflix or read a bit for fun. It's important to relax at the end of the day, because your brain needs to recharge. Therefore, an episode of Netflix or a chapter in a for fun book is necessary. Plus, it gives you something to look foreword to. 
  • Treat yourself. Treating yourself sometimes is just necessary. Whether it's a new Alex and Ani, or a new shirt to brighten your day, sometimes you just need to treat yourself. #sorrynotsorry

No comments:

Post a Comment