Monday, September 29, 2014

Things You Have To Do Before You Graduate College

I honestly can not believe that college has been going by as fast as it had been. It feels like yesterday that I was just starting out, and now I'm an upperclassman. It's crazy! However, since college is going by so fast, we take it forgranted. These are supposed to be the best four years of our lives, and you should enjoy every minute before you enter the real world. Drawing a blank about what you can do? Well, let me help you with that!
Go to another campus that is not your own.
 
Elisia and I last year at her school's fall fest!
One of my best friends goes to campus across town, so she often invites me to go onto her campus. I think that if you ever get the opportunity to visit your friends, whether it's across town, or the state you should go for it.  It gives you a chance to see what other schools are like, and even meet new people.
Join a club.
As a commuter, meeting people is just hard. Freshman year, I joined psychology club. Sophomore year I joined the Southern News, where I found my passion for Journalism! Joining clubs is important because you can meet people that you otherwise get to meet, or in my case stumble across what you want to do for the rest of your life. It's a win win situation, especially for those who have a hard time reaching out.
Go to a homecoming game/sporting event.
 
Elisia and I at a basketball game.
The best part about going to college and having sporting events is that you can get in for pretty much little to no cost. Plus, supporting your school is also a plus. I went to two games last year with Elisia and I enjoyed the experience. (Especially since I got free food, what was better than that?) Go support your school. At least once.
Take a Class For Fun.
Not many people get a chance to, however I think that everyone should try it. How many times will you dread going to pottery? Having a little fun in college is okay. It doesn't all have to be facts, and thick books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment