Friday, May 22, 2015

If I Could Redo Prom

Prom season for many is either here or fast approaching and for the last three years, it would always bring some sense of nostalgia. So I got to thinking about something. If I could ever get the chance to go back and redo prom, what kind of dress would it be?
First let me tell you about my prom dress. A wedding shop in the next city over happened to be putting all of their gowns on extreme clearance. So, my mom and I managed to score this $350 gown for only $100 (minus alterations, because I'm short.)

Anyways, if I ever went to prom again or had the chance to redo it, I would wear black. I've always been into wearing black because it's such a classic color for anyone to wear. My biggest inspiration of the black dress would have to be none other than Miss Holly Golightly, aka none other than Miss Audrey Hepburn. If I could, I would rock the LBD/Pearls look like nobody's business. If only I was obsessed with Audrey back in high school..
Audrey Hepburn in a Givenchy satin evening gown aka the most famous "little black dress" of all time.
In addition to Audrey, I would wear any kind of black dress. This one's my favorite because of the lace. I like how timeless it is, because after all who can go wrong with black?
Diyouth.com Exquisite Mermaid Black Lace Evening Dress Scoop Neckline Ribbon Backless Floor-length Evening Gowns, long prom dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Lace cocktail dress,Off the Shoulder evening dress, lace wedding dress,Trumpet / Mermaid prom dress,
The final type of dress that I would get is a dress inspired by Cinderella. I'm talking about the light blue gown with the sparkles. #perfect I'm in love with these dresses because the color is beautiful as well as the design. Now, I just need a glass slipper. (Attention single guys everywhere--my Prince Charming vacancy is open ;) )
Stunning Beaded Chiffon Evening/Formal/Ball gown/Party/Pageant/Prom Dresses Long I wish it was more modest
Gorgeous Cinderella Dress. Wonder how many will be showing up in the same dress now at prom. From Disney Style
As much as I like my prom gown, a girl can't help but dream right?
 All pictures, minus the one of my dress can be found on my Behind the Blog Board on my Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment