Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blogging is Like A Job.

I've been blogging for over three years, and the title is basically the conclusion I've come to. This blog has come a long way since it's first post, where the only people that would read this little blog had my number. (They were actually my friends, who I forced to read this blog by sending them thousands of emails on the daily. I also blogged almost every day.) That was before I read "Blog Inc.," before I joined the Her Campus group and before I even knew some of my favorite bloggers even existed. Nowadays, I promote my blog through countless social media, like Facebook, Twitter and follow several bloggers on Instagram. 
I recently read a post on the College Girl Daily about blogging. Needless to say, it's something I do because I like writing. I'm an intern at College Fashionista, I've written for the school newspaper for the past two years and I'm a reporter for my small town newspaper. However, blogging is something that's like a job. After all, you have to write posts, get pictures if you want, get ideas for posts and simply make sure you have enough time to promote them.
Blogging in some ways is like a job. But, at the very least it's definitely worth it. Through blogging, I've noticed an increase of how much connections I have through social media. My writing has improved. So, in a nutshell my hard work as a blogger is worth it. I hope that my little space on the Internet will get even more bigger as time continues. For instance, I'm so glad to announce that this little blog has received the most views in May since probably July of last year.
Blogging is something that as a journalist, I'll always enjoy doing. At the end of the day, it's more fun writing for yourself than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment