Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Things No One Told Me About Getting a New Phone

Ladies and gentlemen, I finally got a new phone. For those who don't know me, I've had a white iPhone four for about two years. I got it back when the iPhone four was free with a two year contract. Now, as the end of my contract finally approached, I began to think about finally getting a replacement. 
There were a few options to finally replacing my phone. However, I quickly learned the days of two year contracts were long gone. Our phone company is now doing AT&T next, which is you pay for the phone in monthly installments and can upgrade quicker. (Which I don't get why, the process of switching cell phones is beyond stressful) After a lot of thinking, I finally settled on the 5s due to the fact it was affordable. But when I went to go get a two year contract at the ATT store in my area, my phone company said they couldn't get it on a two year contract in the store. So my mom called the company, who finally explained what AT&T Next was and we finally decided to get the iPhone 6 in gold #basic. Since it was only a few dollars more to get the 64 GB (Because let's face it, I have a lot of music), I decided to spring for that one versus the 16 GB. 
My new phone should be coming in very soon, however, there's so many things I didn't know when you're switching from iPhone to iPhone. Once I get my phone home, I'll be posting a review here for you all to see, as well as comparing it with my old one. In the mean time? Other than the new contract thing, here's a list of things that no one told me I needed to do when switching phones:
  • You need to back up things on iCloud in order to transfer. Remember that episode in "Sex and the City" when they asked Carrie if she backed things up and she said "I don't do that"? Well, I don't do that either..I used iCloud and back up my phone to my computer about once a week. However, to keep all of my apps the same, I need to use iCloud to transfer everything. Why is everything so confusing? 
  • You don't just get a new phone. You have to get a new case as well. I kind of knew this, however, this still is a shock that whenever you get a new phone, you have to also buy a case to make sure it stays safe from the everyday fails of life. Whatever you do, don't get them from the store if you can help it. (Unless they are having a sale, which in that case go for it!) Head to your local Marshall's or TJ Maxx. They usually have things like Speck Candyshell cases for about $10, when they usually go for about $30.
What are some things you've found out when upgrading your phone? Let me know in the comments below, and look out for a review and comparison of the iPhone 6. (Compared to my old iPhone 4)

2 comments:

  1. iCloud gives me such trouble every time I try to use it! It's so confusing!! xx, kenz
    http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! When I set up my new phone, I had trouble. My contacts at least transferred which was good. :D

      Delete