Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Book Review: We Were Liars

Okay, so this book wasn't on my summer reading list. However, this book was something I was dying to read for a while, so I decided to read it since I had the chance.
The book is about Cadence Sinclair, and her 17th summer at Beechwood, a private island owned by Cady's wealthy family. Every summer, the family gathers and catches up. Cady had suffered a head injury the a few summers back and is having trouble remembering much of what happened during the summer of her accident. She returns after spending the previous summer with her father in Europe, to finally put the pieces together of what happened during the summer where she lost her memory.
The novel goes through Cady's journey to remember what happened during that fateful night. I'm not going to reveal the ending, however, to me it was a surprise.
I honestly really enjoyed reading this book. I thought the way Lockhart laid out the events was skillfully done.The book was amazingly well written, and it's one of those books when you start them, you simply can't put them down. You want to figure out the mystery, so it grabs you in.
So, if you're looking for a book to bring on your beach adventures or a book to engross you this summer look no further. "We Were Liars" by e. lockhart is the perfect book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment