Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Book Review: Shopaholic to the Stars

Another book review, another book off of the summer reading list to cross off! This time it's "Shopaholic to the Stars," which is the seventh book of the Shopaholic series. I've been a huge fan of the series, because it's extremely entertaining. Sophie Kinsella does an amazing job with them, and if you're debating about reading them than I suggest you do. This time it features the protagonist Rebecca Bloomwood (now Brandon) as she and her husband Luke move out to L.A.
Becky is determined to make it big into Hollywood as a stylist. As she does this in pure Becky fashion, you can be sure there's never a dull moment. Becky is a pure shopaholic and no matter what she does, chaos ensues. 
And this book is no different. Brandon finds herself in the middle of a celebrity feud, and is suddenly whisked away by the fame and Hollywood to the point where she's blinded by what's important. Soon, she puts being famous ahead of the things that matter such as her family and her best friend. Instead she wants to be famous, and begins to lose everything. 
The end of the book was a bit of a cliffhanger, however she does soon realize the effects of her neglect. 
I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought that it was funny and entertaining, as well as just a fun book to read. I finished the book in about a week, but I found myself reading it whenever I could find time. 
The only thing that I didn't like about this book was how bad it was to relate to/feel empathy for Becky. Since she's the protagonist, we as the reader have to feel a degree of sympathy towards her. However, I found her both spoiled and selfish. All she cared about was doing things for herself. I guess that's the nature of the character, because she was like that since book one. However, I did find her even more annoying in this book because I would think that after having a child she would grow up a bit. That wasn't the case. 
Other than that, I thought it was definately worth reading, and I definitely recommend if you enjoy chick-literature than you should give this book a try! 

2 comments: