Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Book Review: P.S. I Still Love You

The latest book I've read in my summer reading adventure is "P.S. I Still Love You" by Jenny Han. The book is a sequel to the book "To All The Boys I Loved Before" which I read last winter and loved. I was so excited to read what was going to happen next in the world of Lara Jean and Peter. 
"P.S. I Still Love You" starts around New Year's Eve when Lara Jean realizes she's still in love with Peter, for real this time. She decides to show up at his house, chickens out, but then drops the letter (a love one that proclaims her love for him, naturally.) He reads the letter, and the two finally get back together. 
Then a few days later, Lara Jean finds out that a video of her and Peter has been posted on a website. Of course, the video shows it as being much more than just making out. Everyone sees the video and Lara Jean panics about it. She's desperate to find out who it is, however she has a hunch that it's Peter's ex-girlfriend. She confronts her about it, however, they both are in denial. 
The story then progresses as one of Lara Jean's past boys who got the love letters replies to her. They suddenly begin a pen pal type of relationship where they exchange letters. Later, it is revealed that he is the grandson of one of the women who Lara Jean works with. She begins to fall for him, and has to choose between the two different guys. 
Overall, I thought the book was an amazing book. I had loved the preceding book, and was so excited that there was a sequel. I loved the character Lara Jean, because I felt that I can relate to her. I thought the dialogue was fresh and funny. The characters were unique, and I thought they were really well portrayed. I enjoyed reading it because it was such an easy book to get lost in, however, I couldn't put it down. Those are the best types of books in my opinion. 
If you're looking for a great summer read, look no further. "P.S. I Still Love You" is an amazing book to read. However, if you haven't read the first book, be sure to pick that up first because otherwise you would be confused if you didn't. 
What have you been reading lately? I'm currently reading the book "The Moon and More," by Sarah Dessen. Next up will be "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "Shopaholic to the Stars" (which is on my summer reading list!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment