Monday, October 19, 2015

Album Review: Black Lines by Mayday Parade

 Mayday Parade Black Lines.jpg
Source
Mayday Parade and I have a very interesting relationship. While I am a huge fan of their beautiful lyrics and somewhat acoustic melodies, I still am reminded of my middle school punk rock band phase that continued through high school. I may have deleted My Chemical Romance, however, Mayday is here to stay.
Mayday Parade recently came out with a new release, Black Lines which was released Oct. 9, 2015. I recently obtained the album last week, and after spending some time with it, I can say it's a typical Mayday Parade release.
The album starts out with single "One of Them Will Destroy the Other" (featuring Dan Lambton.) The song sounds like many of Mayday Parade's other songs, such as "Kids in Love" with electric guitar melodies and strong lryical content. The single is the lead single of Black Lines, and like many other of Mayday Parade's songs, focuses on failed relationships.
The album has a mixture of acoustic songs, and fast paced rock tracks. Songs like "Hollow" are lyrically brilliant, while other songs such as "Just Out of Reach" are empowering.
Overall, the album is amazing. The band, in my opinion, is talented. They are amazing song writers, and I wish they were more mainstream because of that. However, in this release, you can tell they have come a long way since their "Miserable at Best" days. If you like alternative rock, then you should definitely check out Black Lines by Mayday Parade.
Songs to Listen to: Hollow, One of them Will Destroy the Other, Letting Go, Look Up and See Infinity, Look Down and See Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment