Friday, October 25, 2013

Its All Fate

Today I was home sick and was watching 500 Days of Summer. Although I feel better now, the movie got me thinking.
The movie talked about chance and fate and all of that good stuff. It talked about how things are meant to be, especially when it comes to love. That things, no matter how shitty they may be, and now matter how crappy you feel when you break up with someone, in the end, its all going to work out. 
I think humans try to create their own fate, rather than just let it happen. We are trying to create a fate that perhaps we are not meant to have. Fate isn't something that you buy in a grocery store, its something that you are born with. We can try to make things happen in our favor, and we can try to push for things to happen, but like it was said in the movie the Holiday. It's like fitting a square peg in a round hole. No matter how hard we try, we can't because it simply won't go. We can try, work hard to make the square part of ourselves more round, but that would mean that we're living a lie. Sometimes, we desire something so badly that we sit and we make it happen. However, sometimes the things that we want so badly can lead to us feeling miserable once we get them. Perhaps they weren't worth having at all.
Life is a game of chance, luck, and serendipity. When love is meant for us, it will happen. It can't be forced, and once we know we know. I am not in any way shape or form to be tied down to someone, because it feels forced. I do what makes me happy, with people who make me happy. Life and love can hurt, but sometimes we have to experience all of that to get to the good stuff. Kind of like when you're a kid and you have to eat all of your vegetables to be rewarded with dessert. I want to be happy  because I am, not because I'm living a norm that someone else created for me. I can sit and smile and make nice, but I'm not going to live with something that makes me unhappy.
We can live and we can do. I do believe in love. I believe in feeling happy, but because I want to be, not because I want someone to make me. Most importantly, I don't ever want to lower myself for love or to make someone happy. The hell with that. If it's meant to be, then we'll be together and be the envy of singles everywhere. I think if its meant to be, there's no thinking, there's just doing. It's that simple. There's no sacrifice, no misery, no nothing. Yes, couples fight, and tha'ts pretty normal. It's the fact that you can fight, shows that you're willing to fight for what you love. Of course, too much fighting would make you want to rethink that.
Fate's fate. Some people that we encounter are meant to hurt us. Some people in life are meant to make us happy. I think we should stop trying to make things happen, and just relax and let them. I know it's not that black and white, but its something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment