Monday, October 7, 2013

Music Monday: Lana Del Ray.



For those of you who know me personally I'm a classic rock kind of girl. It's rare that I find music from today that I love. However, one of the few exceptions is Lana Del Ray. She is without a doubt my favorite modern artist. 
Lana, also known as Elizabeth Grant, has two albums out. Born to Die, and the EP Paradise. You may know her better from the Great Gatsby. She sang the song "Young and Beautiful" (music video featured below). Her music is unlike anything I've ever listened to. It sounds like something from another era. It's very classy and well polished.  Maybe that's why I love about it. 
My favorite songs by Lana include:
  • Young and Beautiful (the Great Gatsby) 
  •  Born to Die (Born to Die) 
  •  Off to the Races (Born to Die) 
  •  Summertime Sadness (Born to Die)
  • Video Games (Born to Die) 
  • National Anthem (Born to Die)
  •  Burning Desire (Paradise) 
  •  That's What Makes Us Girls (Born to Die)
  • Ride (Paradise) 
  •  American (Paradise)
  •  Gods and Monsters (Paradise)
  • Blue Jeans (Born to Die)

Lana Del Ray is currently working on her third studio album. The title is yet to be known. In the meantime,we have her hits, which in my opinion are classics.

Young and Beautiful:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1aF54DO60

Welcome to Music Monday where I showcase some of my favorite artists and write about them. This is a new feature that I'm trying out here. If you think I should listen to an artist to feature here, please comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment