Tuesday, October 22, 2013

#singlegirlproblems

I've been single for pretty much my whole life. Although sometimes it has its shining moments, other days I feel like I'm just ready for someone to be, you know, my man. (Ick, I hate that term; why did I just say that?.) I honestly can't navigate the whole finding a significant other thing. I'm awkward, clumsy, and clueless wrapped in one tiny little package. I can't flirt to save my life, and I sure as hell can't pull off sexy. Here's some of my problems I encounter or have encountered as a single gal. And FYI, I'm not complaining about being single. I believe that it's a good thing, and I'm not desperate to shack up with anyone. But sometimes, we single gals needa vent too..we have feelings ya know?

  • This is the problem that I've been encountering a lot lately. I honestly can't figure out how to flirt, and I can't figure out if someone likes me, is just being friendly. If you can shed some light in this sort of this situation, please let me know. I wish there was a way that you can just automatically know how someone feels about you, like some sort of lightbulb going off on them. It makes life so much easier than playing a guessing game that you can be wrong with. I'm so worried about making a complete and total fool of myself, that I often a don't react or react stupidly. I constantly worry that I'm getting hopes up just to be friend-zoned. 
  • Dealing with creeps. Story time? I was talking to this kid that I never met before. My friend gave me his number, and in a YOLO sort of moment, I decided to text him. Big mistake. Highlights of this story include being completely creeped on, and of course, the topper was being asked if he can rub some lotion on me. What a creep. Seriously, the worst part of being single is dealing with people who think just cause you're single, you're looking for someone, and you're into them. No, bro you're not getting into my pants. I don't give a fuck on how horny you are. Sorry not sorry.
  • Dealing with friends who complain about their boyfriends. I've had friends like this, and it honestly made me not want to be in a relationship. I really don't like drama, because I think it's stupid, and childish. I don't like hearing it, and I sure as hell don't want to be a part of it. If I have to hear about your relationship drama, I'm probably not going to be talking to you much anymore. 
Those are my single gal problems. What are yours, single girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment