Saturday, October 19, 2013

Not For Me

Recently, I had written an article for my school newspaper about partying. I wasn't sure how to write it, because I didn't want to include a rant about what I think about the matter. So, since this is my blog, and  I can do whatever the hell I want to with it, here's what I'd like to say about it. Needless to say, I have to put my two cents in.
I'm not into partying. I'm not into getting wasted every weekend, and hooking up with random strangers. It just doesn't satisfy me. I'm the type of person who would rather go shopping for hours, read a book, write a rant (like I'm doing now), or just watch movies. It's just not my thing, plain and simple. I'm not all for doing things that can cause me to act stupidly. When I'm 21, I do plan to drink don't get me wrong. Until then, I'm not going to engage in the whole forbidden apple complex. (Meaning that some people only drink just because it's illegal.)
Going out every weekend can have it's upsides and downsides. You meet people, and for some people get to relax. However, a downside of clubbing is that you have to deal with creeps who want nothing more than to get in your pants. I don't know about you, but to me that sounds kind of scary.
A lot of people think I judge people who engage in this sort of behavior. Although I try not to, I will admit that sometimes judgement leaks out. I do have friends who party, and that's okay. It's what floats their boat, and makes them happy. I can't tell them that their stupid or something simply because they do things that I don't agree with. It's none of my business.
However, if a friend or someone who thinks that they are my friend tries to change my views or try to suck me into that, I will, without a doubt cut them off. You're not my friend if you think it's okay to push me into something that I really don't want to do. You're not my friend if you think I'm uncool for staying home Friday nights, or go to movies versus going to a club. Friends don't push each other into doing things. If you need a reason to why I don't want to do so; you're not my friend. Once I say that I'm not into that, you shouldn't question it. It's my life, not yours. I can only respect your decisions if you respect mine. I don't want to be sucked into that, and I really shouldn't have to explain myself to you.
Society makes drinking seem like it's the it thing to do. It's really not for me, plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment