Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Give A Round of Appalause to the Single Gal-Society and the Single Girl


(From my Instagram)
There's a bunch of different kind of women. There's the marrying kind who wears white aprons, lives behind a white picked fence, and drives mini vans. There's the single kind, who drives an expensive car, who wears designer clothing, and wouldn't think twice before purchasing those pair of five hundred dollar shoes. Then, there's the kind of women who have partners, instead of husbands. Instead of putting a label on it, they live together with no pressure. Then there's the kind of girl that maybe, just maybe isn't exactly fit to even be in a relationship.
I'm single, and I wear my claddaugh ring's crown facing to me. I wear that ring like a badge of honor, because I'm actually proud to be single. Yup, you all heard that one right. 
Sometimes, I do wish that I had a boyfriend. They are nice to have, but sometimes you just have to remember to feed them, walk them, and make sure that they have fresh air. Boyfriends are good for that classy romance-y stuff, you know making you feel like a million bucks every time that he calls you beautiful. However, as much as you may want it, make sure that you want it for all of the right reasons. I would rather die than settle for someone that doesn't exactly make me happy. I don't want to be in a relationship, just to say "hey I'm in a relationship." Because I can buy my own dinner. And diamonds. And ice cream. I want to be in a relationship because that person that I'm in a relationship with makes me smile and jump up and down and makes me happy.
Many people around me are in relationships. Some are those cutesy couples that you can't help but  be like 'aww, they are so cute.' It's that kinda thing. Then there are others who you're wondering what's going on there. Part of a relationship is being able to commit and grow together. When that doesn't happen, then often they are drifting apart into separate ways. Some relationships don't value communication that much, which leads to bigger problems in the long run.
I think that there's a reason why I'm not in a relationship. But, don't get me wrong. I'm in that boat where I want someone to tell me that I'm the best thing that has ever happened to them, just like the rest of ya. Sometimes, I think that it would be cool to have a boyfriend. However, the time is way off for me to call someone my baby. I feel like if you meet someone, you should be able to have no reservations. Or they grow on you, and then you tell them how you feel. Either way, the point is very simple. Right now, sometimes I feel like I wouldn't be a great girlfriend. I even shudder at the word girlfriend. Is that bad? Therefore, before my crown points away from me, there's a lot of things I have to work on. Like the relationship with me.
However, one day I'll meet Prince Charming. He might come in with a white car, or on a white horse. It may be sooner or later than I may want it to be. However, there's too much out there for me to do for me to wait for him to find my shoe.
Cinderella637
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment