Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Voted! (Well Two Days Ago..)

One thing that I can not stand about anyone is people who complain about things, but not actually do anything about the things that the complain about. Let's take voting for example. I hate it when people complain about the leaders that are in their town offices, or in any office for that matter, but yet when its time to vote, they simply bail. Many have fought for this right, and some countries don't even have them. That's why when I turned 18, I decided to use my rights.
The first election that I voted for was the presidential election last year. It made me feel so powerful because I had a say on who was going to become our country's next leader.
When this election came around, it was for my town's mayoral race. Not many people came to this off year election, but still I had to vote. After voting, I felt like I was on top of the world because I felt like I had a say in something. And that made me feel pretty good, if you ask me.
I vow to vote every year for the rest of my life because it's something that I feel like its important to do. We are lucky that we, as a people, can vote, and have a say about who we put in office. We are lucky because then we can say who runs our country. Yes, it's an imperfect society, but do we live in a perfect world? I beg to differ. Nothing in this world is perfect, so neither should the people who run it. Once we get that through our heads, we begin to see the world in a different light. We see the world, and are open to change, new ideas, and the fact that although that some ideas that are good in theory, can end up causing problems.
I believe that I am a liberal, and I believe in change. I also believe that in doing so, voting is the first step to getting to that change.

No comments:

Post a Comment