Monday, November 4, 2013

Music Monday: Fall Out Boy.


Back in middle school, an emo band played on the radio. Their song? Thanks for the Memories. I immediately fell in love with that song, and still play it loudly today. However, my knowledge of the band now is greater, especially since I've actually had the chance to listen to most of their music.
Infinity on High, and From Under the Cork Tree are some of the albums that have gotten me through my awkward teen years. However, nostalgia isn't the reason why I'm featuring this band. It's because after almost five years, they released another astounding album. That would be called Save Rock and Roll, which is currently one of my favorite albums of 2013. One of the perks? It features Elton John, who is one of my favorite singers.
Whenever I listen to their music, I immediately feel like a bad ass. The difference between this sort of rock and roll, and the classic rock and roll is that their music has the tendency to get stuck in my head. Seriously, it's annoying. But if it's a good song, like most of Fall Out Boy's music is, then it's quite alright.
Favorite Fall Out Boy Songs:

  • Alpha Dog
  • Our Lawyer Made us Change The Name of the Song so We Couldn't Get Sued
  • Dance, Dance
  • Sugar We're Going Down
  • Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner
  • I Don't Care
  • Thanks for the Memories 
  • The Carpal Tunnel of Love
  • I'm Like A Lawyer With the Way I'm Trying to Get You Off
  • The Pheonix
  • Where Did The Party Go?
  • The Mighty Fall 
  • Save Rock and Roll
  • This Ain't A Scene; It's an Arms Race
  • My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark
Fall Out Boy is our  generation's Aerosmith, in my opinion. So, pull on your skinny jeans, and save rock and roll kids!
Have an idea as to what Music Monday should be next? Comment and contact me! I'm open to hearing suggestions! 

2 comments: