Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I'm Half Of A Vegetarian.

Hi my name is Natalie and I don't eat red meat, fish, and basically any other meat that isn't chicken. No you didn't step into a weird support group meeting. Well, with the exception of once in a while, but for the most part, I only eat chicken as my main source of protein.
I did this for a number of reasons. The first was that I've always wanted to become some sort of vegetarian. I think that it's a good idea because it helps protect animals from cruelty. No animal deserves to die in a way that's unjust and I think that by cutting my meat consumption somewhat down, I can at least try to make a stand. Key word try here. I understand that in some instances, I guess you can say that I'm cheating, but it's my life. Another reason is for health reasons. Being a somewhat vegetarian, I can make more health conscious decisions, and eat more vegetables, than just constant hamburgers all of the time. Of course, eating more vegetables is a good thing, so yay! I'm trying to live a more healthy lifestyle, so I can you know be healthy, and live a long and healthy life.
My family doesn't understand my decision, because coming from Italian descent, there's a lot of meat. It's considered to be a sin if you critique or reject what Grandma wants you to eat. So when I told her that I only really eat chicken, she basically called me an asshole. Thanks Grandma. Anyways, I understand that my decision is somewhat controversial and against what she believes in, but here's the thing. I'm 19 years old and it's my decision.
Maybe this will be a phase, or maybe I'll live this way for the rest of my life. Who knows exactly. All I know is that whatever I decide, I know that for now, I'm cool about living a somewhat vegetarian lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment