- Cookies, and all other baked goods. I mean come on, it's not Christmas time when all of the fancy desserts are broken out. I'm Italian, so that means lots of cookies! My favorite is those round Pillsbury cookies shaped like reindeer, and the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. This year, I am looking forward to baking cupcakes to add to the mix.
- The holiday specials that are on TV. It's obvious that Charlie Brown specials are on in my house. Also, there's those cliche Hallmark movies that my mother watches (Okay, fine some are good.) I also enjoy watching Rudolph, Eloise, The Santa Clause saga and of course Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. I'm recently getting into Elf, so that's going to be soon added onto my list.
- This year I'm looking foreward to giving my mom pretty decent gifts. In the past, it's been a few gifts that were totaled to less than $50. This year,since I at last have a job that pays a good salary I can afford to shower my mom with gifts. So far, I got her a sweatshirt for my school, and a book. I hope to get her an Alex and Ani, and a couple of other odds and ends.
- Getting Christmas cards. Granted they are not always sent to me. But still, getting a card in the mail always makes me smile.
- Decorating the Christmas tree. Our tree's always white...yeah it's fake. But still, it's always exciting when we decorate it and put our ornaments on it.
What are you looking forward to this holiday season?
Also: shoutout to Sam at Life is But A Stream of Thoughts. I got the idea for this from her entry: http://lifestreamthoughts.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-holiday-season.html