Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Things You Should Never Admit While Dating..Or Trying To.

Whenever you want to date someone you want to present the best side of you. You know, the sunny, superconfident side of you that makes you shine and more desireable? You best not tell them those hidden secrets that are like bats hidden in your attic. Then they wouldn't realize that you're perfect and that your worth having.
I'm insecure.  Guys like girls that ooze confidence, yes? Well honestly, I am that girl who doesn't have any. I have some, but honestly I lack it. It's hard for me to say that I like someone, cause I worry. I worry big time about worrying that I look like an idiot. I worry about my wieght, and at times, I have a lot of issues with the way I look. I don't think guys can like girls who do that. 
I can never take chances. One of the things that I worry about is the fact that I have been rejected. Twice. It's hard to dust yourself off when that happens. Therefore, we lock ourselves in this cocoon where you're away from human contact. Or at least me. It's hard for me to adopt that carefree YOLO attitude where I can careless. Cause I do. If I get hurt, it takes a long time for me to get over it. So, rather than worrying it or risking the whole getting hurt thing, I just don't try.
I worry about attachment. I worry that sometimes being happy can lead to attachment. Like, getting used to having someone in my life, and then all of a sudden, they aren't there anymore. I've gotton this way due to the fact that I got my heart so broken that I still see the scars today. I worry about that happening to me again. 
I get lonely sometimes. Sometimes, I feel alone. During that time, I just want someone to give me a hug. It's probably percieved as 'needy' but when that happens I just want someone sweet to talk to about life. 
I drink too much coffee/swear like a sailor/eat too much chocolate. I have at least one cup of coffee everyday, swear like no tomorrow, and eat way too much chocolate. That's just me. 

Overall, those are my general flaws. I worry, eat too much, and have insecurities. Who the hell would love someone like that? I know that if I wanted to put that in an about me at a dating site, then I'm pretty sure that I won't find any matches. However, I can't help but wonder if my flaws are what makes me, well me. I can't change, but maybe, those little quirks are things that I want to hide in my closet, next to my skeltons. However, I think that those things, added up to the good things, make me the completely whole awesome person. 

4 comments:

  1. We all have our flaws, and we all focus too much on them.
    Look at the beauty within yourself! c: Focus on the positive.
    Every girl worries about her weight, her hair, etc....
    I definitely eat too much, haha. Think a lot of us do.
    There's nothing wrong with you, remember that! c:

    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that and I agree with you. Thank you, this comment made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vulnerable. Seems you have a big heart filled with plenty enough to love another, this is a gift, and I'm certain, flaws and all you can find someone who will love you back just for that, and all of who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope that I do, one day. That made my day!

      Delete