Friday, December 5, 2014

Books Of The Year-2014

*This is through November 22, 2014: These are books that I've read and enjoyed and may not be published in 2014

For those of you who don't know, I am a major bookworm. Since I work at a library, I have access to a ton of books, perhaps first dibs on many. I've read over 40 books this year, and I wanted to take the time to give you the books that I really loved, so maybe you'll love it too!
 
 Source
Just One Day, Just One Year, and Just One Night by Gayle Forman
I've read 'If I Stay' and 'Where She Went' this past year, however I found that these two were even more amazing to read in themselves. They tell the story of a couple that meets in London, goes to Paris, and then loses each other for an entire year. "Just One Day" was told in the point of view of good girl Allyson, "Just One Year" was told by Willehm, and the e-book novella "Just One Night" was told in third person point of view. I loved these books even more than "If I Stay" because it's less depressing and it's a beautiful love story. 
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
This book was such a great one to read. It's about Samantha Reed whose been watching the Garrett family next door for all of her life. However, she then makes the trip to the other side of the fence, and quickly falls for Jase Garret. This book is heartbreaking, yet beautifully written. I reccomend it, especially now that it isn't summer. 
Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers; Book of Love by Lynn Weingarten
This surprisingly took me only two days to read for both books. This is about Lucy, who is helplessly in puppy love with her boyfriend Alex. He breaks up with her on the first day back to school. She then encounters 'The Sisterhood' who break hearts for fun and become more powerful. This book is so great because it combines magic with a love story. I loved reading this and I am sure that you will too!
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
How romantic-this is about a girl whose engaged to someone who may or may not be right for her. However, she picks up the cell phone of someone's secretary, only to fall for the person himself. I loved this book because it has all of the class hallmarks to a chick lit story. However, it's such an interesting concept. I hope that it becomes a movie someday.

Source 
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
 This is about college girl Cath and her sister Wren who are going off to college. Cath is obsessed with a Harry Potterlike series and writes fanfiction about it. It tells the story about her as she navigates her life without her sister, and without her fanfiction. I loved this book because I can relate to Cath-I honestly spend more time with books and writing as you can tell. Rowell, writes a lot of interesting books from 'Eleanor and Park' and a book that I have yet to read called 'Landline'. Great books!
What have you been reading? Let me know so I can check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment