Monday, December 8, 2014

Music Monday; Heartthrob


Let me tell you all a story on this lovely Cyber Monday. Once upon a time, there was a girl who couldn't drive so her friends had to drive. Griffin, if you all know who that is, was one of those friends who drove her around. Also, Griffin happened to want to 'educate' me in music. Since he always drove with a CD or the radio on, I've heard a lot of his music. Some of it wasn't my forte. (Aka Joni Mitchell.) However, one thing that I grew to like of his was the Canadian duo Tegan and Sara.
I've only really listened to their latest album, Heartthrob. It was released in 2013 and is in the genre of Indie Pop. (My personal favorite, or one of them behind classic rock.) I really like the way that this album is because it's a mixture of acoustic and pop. I really enjoy listening to this album, and own the entire album on iTunes. I recommend it for someone whose in the market for something that is catchy, yet not mainstream. If you don't want to buy the entire album, at least listen to the song 'Closer.' It's amazing, even though it's one of their more main hits.
Listen to; Closer, Love They Say, Goodbye Goodbye, I Was a Fool, and Guilty As Charged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment