Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Letter 2014

I originally said on Facebook that I was going on a blogging holiday for today and tomorrow. However, I saw this wonderful post from Nina from the lovely blog The Grand Adventures of Me, and was inspired to do my own take on it. So, here's my own Christmas letter. Merry Christmas fellow readers. Tomorrow, I will not be posting. I know that I have said that before, however, this time I actually mean it. 
You know you love me. 
Xoxo.

Dear readers on Finding My Voice;
Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas and a great day filled with presents, and cookies. I will be spending Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family. Since we're Italian, we have lots of food, and goodies. On Christmas Day, I will be spending it with my mom as well. We are a very low key kind of family, but that's our style.
2014 has been a crazy year, but in a good way. I've learned a lot about myself and the person that I want to be. I've officially switched my major to Journalism this past fall, in addition to a minor in Creative Writing. Ever since then, I have not looked back on that decision. At this point, I am looking at internships and graduate schools. I am also working on the decision on whether or not I will actually attend graduate school, or choose to work right after my undergraduate graduation.
In May, I've become the opinions editor at my college newspaper. Although at first it was hectic, I have the privilege of working a job that I have fallen head over heels for. I also have been working a lot at my school's library, which is a good job to have.
I've also have the opportunity to celebrate my 20th birthday in July. I went to the beach, which is one of my favorite places to go to. I went with the people that I am closest with,  and their names are Griffin, Gabriel, and Elisia. In addition to that, I spent the summer getting to see Griffin graduate high school, went on countless trips to the beach, and going on adventures with my best friend Gabriel.
In addition to that, I finally had gotten my license. I got it on my second try, but now I never have to go to driving school, nor never taking the dreaded test again. I am in the process of registering my car, whose name Rosie Rhonda. (Her name was originally Rosie, but since she's a Honda, I thought Rhonda would be a good name.)
One of the best things however about this year? I've discovered Netflix. I got it this past March, and ever since then I've been hooked. I've discovered shows such as Gossip Girl and New Girl. I've also watched movies such as Breakfast at Tiffany's, Sabrina, and An Officer and A Gentleman. Since it's only $8 a month and you can get all that you want for one low price, the main question here is why aren't you subscribed to Netflix?
Overall, it's been a good year. It's had it's ups and downs, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. Not everything can be going smoothly, and I learned that the hard way. The biggest lesson of all that I learned this year? Everything happens for a reason.
Merry Christmas, and this is the end of 2014. Let's make 2015 a good one.
xoxo,
Natalie
PS: Merry Christmas! 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Natalie! Everything does happen for a reason. It can be a bitter pill to swallow sometime, but the closed door-open window idiom is true. Wishing you all the best this holiday season and always.

    Kelly
    www.alovelylifeindeed.com

    ReplyDelete