Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Carrie Bradshaw is My Spirit Animal

The following images have been taken from my Pinterest board, I Want to Be Carrie Bradshaw. 

Source
Carrie Bradshaw is my idol. I've been a huge fan of Sex and the City since I was in high school. The early versions of my blog were in fact modeled after Carrie's column 'Sex and the City.' I used to have a Mr. Big, who shall not be named, and named my friends after various people. However, my blog evolved from a 'Sex and the City' wannabe blog. I joke about it now, but without that blog, I wouldn't have become the writer that I have become. Carrie is my idol, and here's why.
She has relationship insecurities. Remember the episode of Sex and the City where Carrie farted in front of Big and she freaked out. Yes, that was done a little bit over the top. However, how many times has that happened to you? You freak out about something small, and then it blows up big. She was always insecure about everything. I myself can relate because I am always doubting my relationships. Yes, it's a little bit crazy, but can't you all relate?
She's a writer. She writes with her heart, which is something that I aspire to do. Her pieces and her articles are very original. I mean come on, who else could get away with writing 'who came here first-chicken or the sex?' I also have the motto what would Carrie write. Hands down, she was the original blogger and made writing cool.
I want my first legal drink to be a cosmopolitan. I can't wait til 21 just so I can get one of these and feel like a posh member of the foursome.
She's a friend first.  Carrie may have her faults, but she is a really good friend to the girls. She goes to Miranda's abortion, is Samantha's shoulder to cry on when she learns that she has breast cancer, and comes to Charlotte's rescue countless times. She sometimes ditches her friends, but at the end of the day she's a truly great friend. How many of us yearn to have lunches like Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte? I know that I have.
She makes her own rules. Carrie and Big did bridal a lot differently then anyone else. They got married on their own terms, which is something that I applaud. From the very beginning of Sex and the City, Carrie always tried to do things that were right for her. And that's something that should be applauded.
She's not good with money. Carrie has the best shoes. Hands down. She believes that money should be hanging in her closet. Who else would agree?

4 comments:

  1. Love this! I would absolutely be Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sex and the City is one of my absolute FAVORITE shows and I love love love Carrie.

    Brynne || http://theblissfullysimpleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She's my favorite(and so is sex and the city) thanks for commenting!

      Delete