Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Change

Change. 
It's a word that has been thrown my way a thousand times in the last week. At some point in our lives, we must enter a transition period, where we must find ourselves, and be the person that we dream or aspire to be. Or, we soon realize that these dreams of ours are extremely farfetched and not for us. Like my English professor. He wanted to be a biologist, but upon his enterence into a program to study it, he soon realized that the path that was shown to him wasn't exactly for him. 
Life is like seasons. We all must enter a pattern of what is expected of us, what is known. Every now and then, things will change. Then, as time moves on, the life that is now changed, becomes a life upon a norm.
For the past few months, my life has been nothing but change. Graduating, starting college, and getting used to college. Getting up at different times in the morning (I get to sleep an extra hour a day, yay!), doing more work outside of class, and becoming more independent. My classes sometimes vary, such as today, where I've been at this school for almost three hours, and am not getting home until mid afternoon. I wonder what my former self was life, and as I get used to this new life, and new people even, I worry about the people who I leave behind. I don't want to lose what I had going for me in high school, and sometimes, miss them more than they will ever know. I guess instead of seeing them in school, I'll have to actually make an effort to hang out with them on the weekends and such. (if some would answer their phones.)
I guess change, is a good thing. I just need to learn how to keep up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment