Friday, September 12, 2014

Goals For Junior Year.

Wow, I can't believe that I am a junior in college. It seems like yesterday when I was starting my first day of college classes, but in reality I have been at Southern for 4 semesters already. I can't believe it, and I surely can't believe that I've been out of high school for just as long.
Anyways, I'm actually ready to make this my semester. I've said that last year, and look where that got me. But, this year it really will be my year. And if not, who cares because I'm awesome.
Anyways, here's my goals for this year.
Actually get my driver's license. I've said that for the past year, but this time I truly mean it. I've been driving a lot over the summer, and I am ready to go and actually pass my driving test. Plus it would be nice to have some freedom. Everyone can use that.
Actually get my grades up. My GPA went from a 3.27 to a 3.1. Between almost failing a class, and not doing so hot the next semester my grades are in desperate need of getting raised. I also don't want to put pressure on myself, because otherwise I'll begin to crack. This way I'll just do my best and that's all I can do.
Narrow down my grad school list. Right now, I have a list of 7 grad schools that I may or may not want to go to. I want to narrow it down to at least 6 because I want to go to schools where I really like. Not just as a safety. (And for those of you who are wondering my list is Columbia, Quinnipiac, Hosftra, New York University, Harvard, BU, CUNY, and Emerson. I am going for a master's in journalism.)
Be happy. Being happy is something that is important because I feel like I should be happy no matter what I do. I want to love thi syear and make the most out of it. I want to be able to say that I was happy and that I did awesome stuff. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. I have a lot to look foreward to this upcoming school year. I work at two awesome jobs, from the school newspaper, to the library. Both are excellant opportunities. Also, I am taking extremely interesting classes in which that I'm excited about. I have wonderful friends, and my love life...well let's not go there. I think the ultimate goal is to be happy more than anything. That my friend is all that matters.
Are you a college student? If so, what are your goals for this school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment