Monday, September 15, 2014

Music Monday: The Pretty Reckless


Source
Rock and roll and I seem to go together like peanut butter and jelly. Some of my favorite songs are rock anthems, such as "Sweet Emotion." So, when I found out Jenny Humphrey (Taylor Momsen) was in a rock band, I was curious to see what it was like.
And I wasn't disappointed.
I first downloaded the song 'Heaven Knows'. It was one of the more popular songs, and it came on iTunes radio. I was blown away, and so I also bought an old favorite called 'Make Me Wanna Die.' Which then started an obsession.
Long story short, I bought both of their albums. And I'm in love with them.
Their first album 'Light Me Up' was their debut. Taylor is an amazing vocalist, and their lyrics were fresh, and original. Songs like 'Miss Nothing', 'Make Me Wanna Die', and 'Zombie' are rock anthems, while 'You' and 'Just Tonight' are ballad-based.
Their sophomore album 'Going to Hell' was released earlier this year. Their album reminded me of the hair metal albums of the 80s, and has been on repeat ever since I got it a few days ago. I literally can't pick a bad song out of the entire album, and it's amazing.
Overall, if you're interested into a fresh new rock and roll band, like the music of Bon Jovi and Motley Crue, then give the Pretty Reckless a listen.
Favorites:
Light Me Up:

  • My Medicine
  • Since You're Gone
  • Make Me Wanna Die 
  • Just Tonight 
  • Zombie 
  • Miss Nothing 

Going to Hell:

  • Follow Me Down 
  • Going to Hell 
  • Heaven Knows 
  • House on a Hill 
  • Absolution 
  • Why'd You Bring a Shotgun to a Party

2 comments:

  1. :) do I know you? the person in that picture looks awfully familiar :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Pretty Reckless! My favorite songs are Zombie, Just Tonight, Under The Water, and You.

    Lori,
    http://loriscreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete