Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Books and Bracelets

Last week, I was a girl on a mission. I needed to try to locate some of the books I needed to read for my classes. However, I didn't want to buy them nor pay too much money for them. So, my solution, besides trying to find them at work, was to head to a local bookstore called Books and Company.
Books and Company is a bookstore for used books. It also is a haven for other goods, such as beautiful unique jewelry. There's also a little coffee shop, called Legal Grounds, which has amazing coffee and baked good.
So, originally I went in to get some books for my 20th century lit class and my young adult lit class. However, they didn't have any of the books. So I decided to wander around. First, I fell in love with this beautiful handmade bracelet. So, I had a YOLO moment and decided to treat myself. The bracelet was made by some women in India. I thought the colors were very beautiful, and knew I had to have one. Then, my YOLO moment continued as I wandered the stacks. I got the books "One Day" and the "Choice." I'm not sure when I'll have time to read them, but I wanted to get some "fun" books on hand. They both look very good, and when in doubt Nicholas Sparks will always do the trick.
What did you do this weekend?


2 comments:

  1. Wandering around bookstores is so dangerous... there are always unique and fun things to pick up! At my favorite local bookstore, I always go in intending to buy one specific thing and walk out with three things I didn't need, and none of the things I intended on buying. But that bracelet is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The same thing happens to me, so I feel you. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete