Monday, September 14, 2015

Music Monday: The Weeknd's New Album

 The Weeknd - Beauty Behind the Madness.png
Source
One of the album's that has been on repeat for me for the past few days was the Weeknd's second album "Beauty Behind the Madness." I never really heard of The Weekend until I heard that Lana Del Rey, my favorite singer ever was going to be featured on the album. I remembered seeing "Earned It" on the Fifty Shades soundtrack, but since I didn't know much about the artist I didn't end up getting the song. Needless to say, I downloaded the song when the album dropped August 28th. And it was a repeat, because it's amazing. Lana did an amazing job with it, but I really liked the beat of it as well. I knew right then and there that this was an artist that I needed to have the entire album of.
And so, Friday night I snagged a digital copy of it. I feel in love with it, as soon as the first notes of "Real Life" came out of my Macbook speakers. It's a bit different then some of the other Indie/Metal/Rock artists that are present in my iTunes, but I'm still obsessed with his vocals, lyrical content and the overall album. Some of my favorite artists, such as Del Rey and Ed Sheeran, appear on the album and those songs did not disappoint. Even though those artists are different then The Weeknd, I thought the combination sounded perfect.
Overall, I think this album is one of my favorite albums that came out this year, tying with Madonna's "Rebel Heart." As we enter the last few months in fall, I'm expecting that this will compete with a few other albums, such as Lana Del Rey's "Honeymoon" (expected release this Friday), and Demi Lovato's confident (which is expected to be released in October.) And, we can not forget JoJo's tringle. However, I think "Beauty Behind The Madness" is definitely going to be one of my favorites of the year.
Must Listen: Real Life, Prisoner, the Hills, Tell Your Friends Can't Feel My Face, Angel, Earned It (Fifty Shades), Losers and Dark Times.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love discovering new artists. I will listen it asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! Its amazing! Let me know what you think of it!

      Delete