Friday, August 10, 2012

Under Pressure.

Note: This piece following is purely my opinion. If you find fault, or are offended, then please remind yourself that this is America, and I can blog whatever the hell I want, thanks to the first amendmant . So, if you are actually offended, please go read a copy of the Bill of Rights before you make an ass out of yourself.
Yesterday, I was on a girl's tumblr account, and I came across some disturbing images. The images, I'm afraid were promoting signs of eating disorders, calling herself fat, and a bunch of images of women going to drastic measures to be perfect.
Being perfect is something that many people strive, especially adolescents, who are trying to find a place in the cold world that lies in front of them. The media often promotes this, I've noticed through fashion magazines, and televison. I personally think the media is promoting mixed messages to teens, and everyone, to be thin, but not too thin, to be perfect, but not too perfect. And it's hard for one to follow, so what do they do? They crumble, and result to drastic measures; either for attention or for just being loved by everyone.
Newsflash, folks. No one in this world is perfect. So, to all of the girls out there, stop trying. No, I'm not trying to be a bitch here, I'm just trying to make a valid, and true point. Sometimes, what we see on the reality shows and what is reported is fake. The best way to put it is taken from the song "Hollywood" by the hit pop singer JoJo, "All That Glitters Ain't Gold".
Another thing that bothers me, perhaps the most, is that girls try to be perfect, so that someone else would love them, in the area of romantic encounters. They try to be "hot" so that way they can get the guy. Well, to be honest, that's not the way it should be. I think that society makes it like that, but the truth is, or at least in my opinion, it's not. Don't starve yourself to get a guy. It's not worth it.
I believe that if you aren't the person that you want to be, then you are putting on an act, wearing a mask, and pretending to be someone that you're not. Whether it may be for attention, or to get the guy, it's stupid. You're just living your life in a fantasy, a dream almost, putting on an act to be someone that you're not. If you are truly yourself, then you realize that the people who love you, for being you.
To the girls out there, feeling pressured, know that people truly love you. Actually, scratch that. To ANYONE who feels pressured to be perfect, know that people love you for being you, and you don't have to wear any mask but your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment