Thursday, June 13, 2013

Why Easy A Is The Best Movie Ever.

Okay, so I'm not much of a movie person. I've been to the movie theater maybe twice in the past year, and I'm rarely one to sit and watch a movie. I think it's partially because I'd rather watch the movies from the eighties and nineties rather then the ones out there today. (Okay, Gatsby was good for the record) However, recently while flipping through channels, I've discovered a witty comedy-drama about a teenage girl and a big rumor. That movie, we all know is to be Easy A.
Easy A is about a girl named Olive who is your average teenage girl. Olive, out of an attempt to get out of a thing with a friend, lies and says that she has a date when she really doesn't. Anyways, in reality, she spend the weekend at home. On Monday, her peers were spreading the rumor that she had sex with this guy. Soon, she was called the 'new school slut' to put it simply. One day, her gay friend asked her to have a fling with her, and in return, she would be paid. Soon, she was the go to girl for 'lying'. Therefore, she has decided that since she has been reading the Scarlett Letter in class, to embroider a red "A" on her chest. (A is for adulter). I'm not going to spoil the movie for all of you, so you guys best rent the movie.
Olive is someone that is different. She's a complete and total bad-ass. She's the girl that's wanting to make her mark on the world, and she's witty. It takes guts to do what she did, so I decided to develop what would Olive do? In a way, that has become sort of my role model, a person that I really want to be like.
And that leads me to this question. Why IS Easy A the best movie ever? It's because it's original and different. Plus, it's well written. It's like the chocolate chips on the cookie. It's something that is different than everything else, and it gives me this warm and fuzzy feeling when I watch it.
The point? Watch Easy A. It's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment