Friday, August 16, 2013

All Your Faults.

Everyone has a flaw. It's a fact, not my own personal opinion. Some people are bad at math. Others can't carry a tune. Everyone has something about themselves that they can't change, some wierd fault that makes us wonder if we're good enough, worthy enough. 
I think that we as a human race focus on the bad things instead of the good things. Like if we get a thousand compliments and the thousand and one was an insult, we tend to focus on the smaller one versus the other thousand. I don't know why it's like that. It just is. We can't change it, it's one of the things that I've noticed about myself and a few others. I don't know why we focus on the negative things vs the positive ones. Is it human nature? What is this nonsense? 
I don't know the answers to those questions, although one can propose many theories.  I can't tell you why we do that, I can just say that we can. 
The best we can do is simply accepting ourselves for who we are, faults and all.We have good points, in addition to the bad ones. Yeah, so you're bad at math. Well perhaps you're the best damn writer ever. So what you're unable to carry a tune? You are a rockstar in the science lab. We do have weaknesses, yet we often forget the things that we do have. We forget that we have friends and family that love us and stand by us through whatever curveballs life has to often. We are imperfectly human, but yet we are perfect in every single way. 

1 comment: