Monday, December 28, 2015

Why I Like To Take Pictures So Much

Whenever I'm with friends or just doing something fun (or sometimes, eating something that looks or is really good), I'll often whip my cellphone out to take a picture of it. Yes, it's obnoxious, especially since within the next hour that same photo will be edited with some sort of filter and put on my Instagram. After all, you gotta do it for the gram.
However, there's a reason behind the madness, I swear.
I take photos to lock the moment forever. I take pictures of my friends, especially the ones that are far away a lot, because when I miss them I know they truly not that far away. I take pictures to create a memory, of what I'm doing, and who I'm doing it with. If I'm having a good time, my iPhone is most likely snapping a photo of the moment. I take pictures of the beach in the summer, because in the winter when it's dark and dismal, I want to be reminded of a time when the sun would always peak through. I take pictures of my food, because I think it looks delicious and want to share it with you all. I take pictures to create some crazy form of art, even though it probably doesn't seem to be artsy. I take pictures of my dog, just because she's cute and adorable.
I apologize to my friends, I apologize to my dog for the countless moments spent trying to capture the perfect shot of us. However, I can assure that there's a reason, and it's not to get the most likes on an Instagram post. It's to have something to remember, something that lives in the pocket of my blue skinny jeans. It's silly but it's something that captures the moment forever, even though the camera may be long gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment